Wednesday, January 12, 2011



Erickson Longboards
"But the pursuit of fun is just part of it. I’m serious about my craft. These boards are made of wood that has been harvested sustainably or reclaimed. They are individually created works of art.

…And when you ride one, you feel freedom."

This spring, I am going to take up longboarding.  I've been wanting one for a while.  I figure that my 34th birthday will be the perfect point to start the adventure.  I've been researching boards trying to find the best types for beginners and such. So far, Erickson Longboards are my favorite.  How could they not be when the site states that one would look good "leaning against your vintage dining table"?
My search has also led me to become completely addicted to skate videos.  I have found them simply beautiful, paired with fantastic music.  Most of the videos seem to be shot by the skaters themselves.  The sweetest details are accentuated.  They all place the sound of the board above what ever song they choose.  I love that.  I wanna create that sound.  Hopefully I will be able to do so instead of a loud crash and burn fading into whimpers of pain.  Stay tuned for my soundtrack along with detailed photos of skate injuries.  Just kidding... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment