Thursday, January 6, 2011

































I have been going through photos from last year.  It was a big year with a cross country move.  For the first couple of months, I explored the new area by photographing my way around.  This photo is my favorite.  Mia and I were walking through the graveyard at St. John's Church.  The church was built in 1728 and has quite an interesting history.  According to the website, the parish has been "Fightin' Sin Since 1610".  It is absolutely beautiful and the grounds have been impeccably cared for.  A graveyard surrounds the church and there are tombstones dating as far back as it's first days of service.  The stones are wonderfully aged. 
The fella in the photograph was sitting on the church steps as Mia and I were snapping shots.  He noticed my camera and walked over to ask if I would take his picture.  I said sure and waited for him to get ready.  He made his pose and I snapped the camera.  I let him see it and he smiled. I asked his name and he wouldn't say. I then asked if I could keep the picture and he said yes. He wished us a good day and walked back to the steps.  He just wanted his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment