Wednesday, January 26, 2011

 

A rainy day + bronchitis = a good time to gather a bunch of old magazines and park it on the sofa.  I thought I'd share a bit of my library.

A few years ago, I was incredibly lucky to find six issues of Nest: A Quarterly of Interiors.  I found all six magazines at a local used book store in Tucson, AZ.

Nest, edited by Joseph Holtzman, has been described as an "interior design magazine, hostile to the cosmetic". Wiki article

There is a complete set offered on Amazon for $1,700.00! Wow!  I guess it might be time to store these babies in an archival/acid free sleeve of some sort?

It's truly amazing.  Each issue is a piece of art.  The history - more specifically the making of the magazine - is incredibly interesting. I found a great article detailing the magazine's run on Art Mag.

Do you have a favorite set of magazines of the past?  What are your rainy day reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment