Monday, August 1, 2011


Something fun to start the week... I have been fascinated by sharks for as long as I can remember.  The earliest memory that I have of them would have to be when my father thought that I was asleep on the sofa while he watched Jaws.  I was 5 years old.  I remember dreaming that the sofa was a boat floating in shark infested waters.  Somehow, that experience turned into curiosity rather than fear.  I went on to devour every single shark book that our public library had to offer.  I even won 1st place in my 5th grade science fair with a life-sized paper mache shark that my grandmother and I made.  That shark was incredible right down to the teeth which were cut out of old Clorox bottles.  I also made a shark egg casing out of a plastic newspaper bag filled with water tinted with yellow food coloring and a small, foam ball representing the egg.  Hard to explain, but I'm still proud of it to this day! I've attached an illustration by Gillian Bradshaw-Smith.  I would love it as a print!  Enjoy and Happy Shark Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment