Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kurt Vonnegut Illustration Project

Cat's Cradle 2Cat's Cradle 3Cat's Cradle 1Slapstick 1slapstick 2Sirens 1
Sirens 2Sirens 3Galapagos 1galapagos 2galapagos 3

This is how I have been spending my free time. So far, I have read 4 of Vonnegut's books. Each one takes it's place as my favorite as I read the first few pages. It's hard to explain but I am loving this project. It has been an escape, a challenge, a reward, and motivator to keep drawing, to keep reading. I could go on and on but I'll save you from that. In the meantime, I created a flickr set of the work in progress. I'd love for all of my blog folks to follow along.

Via Flickr:
Reading a Kurt Vonnegut book for the first time is special to say the very least. I have been wanting to read every single book of his for quite a while now. I was introduced to his work years ago by way of Dead Eye Dick. It was instantly my favorite. I want to somehow savor the feeling of that first-time reading of one of his stories. I figured a good way to do that would be to try to illustrate a few pages of each book that I read. I must note that the more that I work on the project, the more I love it. It makes me happy. It feels healthy. Just reading and appreciating Vonnegut's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment