Friday, January 4, 2013


Odĕ. from Yokoo on Vimeo.

I have been a long time member of this handmade world and have had the pleasure of following Yokoo Gibraan's work along the way. Yokoo is original.  She is brave.  She is an inspiration. I am always thankful for all that she shares.  I especially enjoy the videos that she makes and was moved by her latest. It was completely mesmerizing. All of those wonderful characteristics that I mentioned came to life in movement. The music was beautiful, the setting shined, and Yokoo was the light.
Yokoo inspires so many folks. That inspiration can be found in all of the artworks where she has been the subject. I always love to see a new illustrated Yokoo. After watching Ode, I just had to draw.  I knew that I wanted to join all of the others and try to give something back to her. I hope that my drawing serves as a "thank you".



No comments:

Post a Comment