Monday, December 3, 2012


  
"Because of their love for music and their willingness to deploy themselves in the service of beauty, the creatures are given a lovely name by the Earthlings. They are called harmoniums."  Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan


2nd illustration for my Vonnegut project.  Still not finished with the book but close.  Not so sure I'll keep this one in. I wanted it Sci-fi, organic, with a vintage color scheme.  I think that I was over thinking.  How could I not with Vonnegut's description?  Reading about the harmoniums sent me over the edge.  Such beautiful writing.  I can't get them out of my head.  I also think that I loved the introduction to them so much that I will never like what I have drawn.  Nothing can do his harmoniums justice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment